Prince Andrew hoping ‘mystery development’ will restore reputation

Duke of York was stripped of public duties following revelations about his relationship with Jeffrey Epstein

Article content

Prince Andrew has reportedly told friends his reputation may be on the verge of being restored by a “mystery development.”

advertisement 2

Article content

The 62-year-old Duke of York – stripped of his public duties following revelations about his relationship with billionaire pedophile Jeffrey Epstein – is said to be convinced there is a development on the way as early as February that will change “people’s perceptions” of the shamed royal.

Article content

He talks “most freely” about his hopes when out shooting, according to The Daily Mail.

“He says that details are about to be made public which will change people’s perceptions of him,” a source told the newspaper on Wednesday.

“He says that it will happen next month.”

The Mail on Sunday also reported over the weekend Andrew is going to launch a bid to overturn the multi-million-pound settlement he reached with one of Epstein’s sex trafficking victims, who accused him of sexual assault.

advertisement 3

Article content

RECOMMENDED VIDEO

We apologize, but this video has failed to load.

It’s understood it may be a bid to get Virginia Giuffre, 39, formally known as Virginia Roberts, to retract her allegations he had sex with her when she was a teenager and possible secure an apology.

Giuffre maintains Epstein – with whom Andrew was infamously photographed walking in New York City’s Central Park just after the financier’s release from jail in 2009 after serving a short sentence for sex offenses – paid her $15,000 after she had sex with Andrew in London when she was 17 .

She also says he had sex with her two other times – accusations the royal has strongly denied.

There was never a formal admission of liability from Andrew or an apology after he settled with Giuffre out of court over the claims in February 2022.

advertisement 4

Article content

The Daily Mail has also reported that since the death of Andrew’s late mother Queen Elizabeth, he has been “pushing” King Charles for the return of privileges of which he was stripped, including the ability to use the HRH title.

But The Sun reported on Wednesday night he has been told he can no longer use his suite of rooms at Buckingham Palace, and claimed his possessions have been removed from the property.

“The King has made it clear that Buckingham Palace is no place for Prince Andrew,” a source told the publication.

“First his office closed last year and now his sleeping quarters.”

advertisement 1

comments

Postmedia is committed to maintaining a lively but civil forum for discussion and encourage all readers to share their views on our articles. Comments may take up to an hour for moderation before appearing on the site. We ask you to keep your comments relevant and respectful. We have enabled email notifications—you will now receive an email if you receive a reply to your comment, there is an update to a comment thread you follow or if a user you follow comments. Visit our Community Guidelines for more information and details on how to adjust your email settings.

Leave a Comment